Numbers today, leave alone or adjust

joshs2000ss

Nov 10, 2010
South Central Kentucky
Here's my numbers for today. I checked because I'm ready to fire up the heater.

FC - 6.5
CC - 0
pH - 7.5
T/A - 70
CH - 200
CYA - 60

Target CYA, from what I can tell, should be at least 70. That is where it was about a week ago and I've had minimal water replacement due to rain. Wouldn't think it would be enough to bring the level down that much, but maybe it was. Also, the FC is a bit high. I'm in the process of dialing in my SWG and obviously I'm a bit on the high side at the moment. I've turned off the SWG for now and will probably wait a full day before turning back on.

Should I add the recommended amount of CYA to bring back to 70 before turning the heater on?

You can turn the heater on any time.

Remember that the CYA test is +-15. It won't always give the same reading, even at the same level. So results of 60 and 70 are effectively the same reading.

I would add enough CYA to raise CYA by 15, targeting a CYA of 80, which will then drift down slowly through the season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.