1st test after opening

Kevyn

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 30, 2010
Completed my first test after opening yesterday. Water was very nice and clear. That is until one end of the cover dip back into
the pool and deposited some muck that the cover pump couldn't get. Anyway..got that vacuumed out and did a test today. I did
add three pounds of shock before I thought about testing today. It's been 24 hours since then. No sign of algae. Chlorine generator
is set at 60%.

Let me know what you think...

FC 5.5
CC none
TC 5.5
ph 7.2
T/A 70
CH 470 (did it twice, thought adding 47 drops was excessive)
CYA 40
Temp 68

CYA should be in the 60-80 range so the SWG does not have to work too hard to maintain FC. The high CH may be attributed to the powdered shock you added which may have been calcium hypochlorite. Other than that, since CH at 470 is somewhat high, make sure your CH does not go over 7.8 to avoid calcium scaling. Enjoy the pool :goodjob:

Since you had some crud drop in, I would verify the chlorine is holding by an Overnight FC Loss test. be sure the swg is off when you do the test. Your CYA should be at least 60 with an SWG. You can manage the high ch by keeping the PH in the mid 7s. have you tested your fill water to see if its high in CH?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.