Make Subject automatically copy for New Reply

chem geek

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 28, 2007
San Rafael, CA USA
I noticed that when I create a PostReply on this forum that the Subject is not copied from the post that I am replying to. So the default behavior is to have no Subject on replies. Can this behavior be changed to make the subject default properly instead of being blank? It's a bit of a pain to copy and paste the subject from the previous post.

The host I am using provided the template and their are certain mods available that I can use or not, but I can't do the actual mods myself. The upside is that it is supposed to help prevent hacking.

I can make the request to them, but they have a long list they are working on so it may be a while.

I'm not sure I quite understand though. When you are posting a reply to a subject, why would you need to put the subject a second time? Just trying to make sure I ask for the right type of mod.

Thanks.

Who reads this subject anyway...

Grace,

Thank you for that tip. I can live with using Quote when I want the subject copied. My main motivation is given below in my response to Sean.

Sean,

I just wanted the "Post Subject" to be consistent since if there a lot of posts in a thread, then the thread subject is scrolled of the screen. The initial post subject is apparently copied from the thread subject so if subsequent replies automatically copied the previous post subject, then one could see the thread topic. On the Pool Forum, replying to a post put a "Re:" in front of the subject name if that wasn't done before (i.e. for all posts after the first).

I see what you mean. I don't know if people will realize it, but at the top of the page, the subject is in large letters (just below the spa spillway picture).

I'm not sure it that is just the main page or all pages. We don't have many threads yet going over one page.lol I'll have to find one and look.

When you are making a post, you call also just scroll down and view the posts that have already been made in the thread if you want to go back and re-read something.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.