Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Make Subject automatically copy for New Reply

1. Back To Top    #1

Make Subject automatically copy for New Reply

I noticed that when I create a PostReply on this forum that the Subject is not copied from the post that I am replying to. So the default behavior is to have no Subject on replies. Can this behavior be changed to make the subject default properly instead of being blank? It's a bit of a pain to copy and paste the subject from the previous post.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

2. Back To Top    #2
    If you hit "quote" the subject copies. Then you can just erase the quote, if you don't need it.

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

3. Back To Top    #3
    The host I am using provided the template and their are certain mods available that I can use or not, but I can't do the actual mods myself. The upside is that it is supposed to help prevent hacking.

I can make the request to them, but they have a long list they are working on so it may be a while.

I'm not sure I quite understand though. When you are posting a reply to a subject, why would you need to put the subject a second time? Just trying to make sure I ask for the right type of mod.

Thanks.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

4. Back To Top    #4

Who reads this subject anyway...

Grace,

Thank you for that tip. I can live with using Quote when I want the subject copied. My main motivation is given below in my response to Sean.

Sean,

I just wanted the "Post Subject" to be consistent since if there a lot of posts in a thread, then the thread subject is scrolled of the screen. The initial post subject is apparently copied from the thread subject so if subsequent replies automatically copied the previous post subject, then one could see the thread topic. On the Pool Forum, replying to a post put a "Re:" in front of the subject name if that wasn't done before (i.e. for all posts after the first).
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

5. Back To Top    #5
    I see what you mean. I don't know if people will realize it, but at the top of the page, the subject is in large letters (just below the spa spillway picture).

I'm not sure it that is just the main page or all pages. We don't have many threads yet going over one page.lol I'll have to find one and look.

When you are making a post, you call also just scroll down and view the posts that have already been made in the thread if you want to go back and re-read something.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

6. Back To Top    #6

FYI, while reading the thread subject is in the title bar of the browser window, but it does go away when you reply.
    Pete in San Antonio
    11K IG Gunite/325 Serires Hayward cartridge