3" pucks for CYA needs over time

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello to All,

I have never bought CYA and try to obtain my CYA from pucks while getting a break from adding liquid chlorine. I keep my CYA from 40-50ppm and in the summer, more is required bc of UV breakdown and pool usage.

Any recommendations on brand and vendor?

thanks

I use trichlor pucks all summer as supplemental FC while using bleach for dosing after testing. I just buy my trichlor on ebay with generic brands and make sure it doesn't say anything about "blue" so it doesn't have copper in it. You have to purchase at least 25 lbs to make it economical.

If you are only wanting to use the trichlor for the CYA, wouldn't it be easier to just buy CYA grannuals? Trichlor is actually a cheaper form of chlorine than buy jugs of bleach and bleach has been hard to find in stock this year so I have used a lot more trichlor this year than I have in years past.

Pucks are the only thing i buy from Leslies, because theirs are pure trichlor. No pH stabilizers, clarifiers, copper, nothing. Just trichlor. Keep the bucket sealed and they'll keep for years. I use them while I'm on vacation. This year I may have to use some just to replace some lost CYA, as you're doing.

Reactions: DanF
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.