3.5 week old pool check my levels

km1222

Mar 25, 2020
Corpus Christi, Texas
Hello all. New quartzscapes super blue initial fill was 25 days ago. I have not added anything but stabilizer in a sock, liquid acid and liquid chlorine. The chlorinator is on currently with pucks, but I will shut it off and go straight liquid chlorine when my CYA level gets a bit higher. I've been managing the pool as the pool builder didnt do anything except hire a company that came twice. I have been brushing daily. Still a little dust on shallow areas that I guess just keeps settling even with swimming and repeated brushing. I put pool cleaner in pool yesterday which helped a ton on pool bottom.

pH 7.2
FC 7 (got heavy handed last night with liquid) usually 2-3
CC 0.5
TA 30
CH 200
CYA ~10

I know the targets but not sure what I need to do to get everything where it needs to be and if I do that all at once this weekend after the 28 days?

I have acid, liquid chlorine, granular stabilizer. No other chemicals to date. Also need to know what to have on hand.

Attachments

• 20201118_202749.jpg
    20201118_202749.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 20201118_202726.jpg
    20201118_202726.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 14
  • pH 7.2 - getting low due to all the acid from the Trichlor
  • FC 7 (got heavy handed last night with liquid) usually 2-3 - ok
  • CC 0.5 - fine
  • TA 30 - low end of TA is 50. How did your TA get this low? What is the pH & TA of your fill water?
  • CH 200 - good
  • CYA ~10 - You should raise your CYA up to 30 using stabilizer and not wait for trichor to raise it.
It is better you add dry stabilizer to raise your CYA and get off the Trichlor. I think the Trichlor is dirving your pH and TA too low.

See...

Reactions: Mdragger88
  • pH 7.2 - getting low due to all the acid from the Trichlor
  • FC 7 (got heavy handed last night with liquid) usually 2-3 - ok
  • CC 0.5 - fine
  • TA 30 - low end of TA is 50. How did your TA get this low? What is the pH & TA of your fill water?
  • CH 200 - good
  • CYA ~10 - You should raise your CYA up to 30 using stabilizer and not wait for trichor to raise it.
It is better you add dry stabilizer to raise your CYA and get off the Trichlor. I think the Trichlor is dirving your pH and TA too low.

See...

Thanks. The pH has been high every day and adding acid daily or every 2 days. Last night was high 8 and I got a little heavy on the acid at the same night with the chlorine. Maybe you are right about the pucks lowering the TA if that is a result of Trichlor, unless it has to do with the curing process, but I'm guessing it was a result of adding too much acid last night.

My initial fill numbers were
FC 1
CC2
CYA Under 20
PH over 8 on Test, 9.6 on ph meter
CH 25
TA 150

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.