2hp pool pump leaking from bottom, now will not prime.

Jul 27, 2018
Kitty Hawk NC
First, thanks for any help you can give. I searched the forum and couldn't find an answer to my issue. I have a 2hp pool pump for my 20,000 gal inground pool that is only one summer old (Pump installed at the beginning of last summer, pool is 10 years old). Opening the pool, I noticed a small leak coming from under the pump. I vacuumed to waste, backwashed several times, the pump ran normally but the leak continued to get larger. I left for a weekend and when I returned the pump will not prime. I have tried every priming the pump trick I have found and nothing is working. I suspect it is related to the leak coming from under the pump. I am planning to take the pump off and try and figure out what is wrong and if I can fix it myself. Does anyone have any ideas or answers to help me out?
Thanks in advance!!
Penny in Kitty Hawk

The shaft seal is the impeller seal.

You're going to have to do it again.

You have to do the impeller shaft seal, the diffuser gasket and the housing gasket.

What model is the pump?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.