Hard wired timers

There are tons of folks that have hard wired timers for their pumps. What type of timer do you want to use? You can use mechanical timers or electronic timers. There are also timers that will handle multiple schedules and some that will handle multiple equipment. Tell us what you expect it to do and we can help you spend your money. :)

I only have a pump to turn on and off. Mechnical would be fine. I don't think I need multiple schedules. I just want to be able to have the pump run each day without having to check on the pool each day. One feature I would love to have is some sort of override so I can turn the pump off either at the power switch or at the timer, while not losing power to the timer and losing time.

My recommendations would be the same as Jason's.

One feature I would love to have is some sort of override so I can turn the pump off either at the power switch or at the timer, while not losing power to the timer and losing time.
The only caveat to the above timers is if by 'power switch' you mean circuit breaker, then you would have to power the timer motor separately from the contact power in order to do that specifically. There are timers that retain the time when power is lost but they are a lot more expensive and resetting the time on one's listed above is very simple.

I just meant turning the pump off at the switch. I assumed that the power to the timer would be cut off if I turned off the power to the pump at the outdoor switch. I was assuming the power to the timer would be the same as the power going to the pump, after the switch

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.