Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
Hey Everyone,

I really appreciate this site. Reading the posts have really helped me to have a "trouble free pool" over the years.

I have been using a pool buster, but want to treat myself to a auto cleaner this year. The debris that collects in my pool is usually very fine dirt with a few leaves, so after reading here I was thinking of a suction side cleaner. What do you think about this choice? If I get a suction side cleaner (thinking of The Pool Cleaner 4X) the only place I currently have to connect it is the skimmer. Could that be a problem?

I also have two concerns before I buy that I would like your input on:

1) Will the cleaner I buy be able to negotiate the 15 pop-up cleaners in the pool floor?
2) The deep end has a plateau design near the pool wall (where you can stand at about shoulder depth) that has a sharp decline (just a little > 45 degree) to the deepest part of the pool. Will the cleaner fall off or topple over or are they designed to not turn over?

Thanks for the help and for your support!

We don't have infloor pop-ups, but we do have a small ledge around the deep end that lets you stand along the walls at about waist deep (fiberglass pool). We use a Nitro Wall Climber and it does a great job getting leaves and fine dirt. The bottom drains are actually on the deep end wall about 2" up from the pool floor and it has only gotten stuck on those 2 or 3 times in the 5 months we have been using it. The deep end ledge does fool the Nitro into thinking it is at the top of the wall in the deep end, but it's not really a big deal for us since the walls really don't collect dirt and it is easy enough to brush them about once every other week. Good luck with whatever you choose.

I have a 4-wheel suction and love it. The manufacture welcomes phone calls and will be able to answer any questions. I called and they seemed very up front and honest and I believe that if there cleaner would not work with your system they would tell you. I don not believe they are just in it for the sale they honestly want their cleaners to work for you.

I'm gonna have to agree with PoolNinja. You can install it through your skimmer or dedicated suction line. The tracks will also give it good traction no matter what type of pool you have. Even if you happen to get small leaves in your pool once in a while you can add the Leaf Catcher to the line.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.