hose repair

i have a splash AGP omega series 20' my blue return hose (filter to pool) has a hole in it,, it looks like it is made out of a rubber type compound with the spiral wire in it. what is the best thing to patch this small 1/4" slit type hole in it? thanks for any advise.

The split will continue to grow. You can measure the length and diameter of the hose and go to Lowes, or Home Depot to buy a replacement hose. Most hardware stores will have it by the foot in the plumbing section. Check your clamps that connect the hose to the pool equipment and replace if needed.

if you look up flex pvc pipe online, you can probably get it cheaper than Home Depot/Lowes- my hose has a similar leak, pricing at HD/Lowes/Pool Store was $5-6 / ft, think I found it online at $1.99/ft; depends on how much you need, though, because shipping was $25 I think...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.