Stuck pump basket

Aug 25, 2009
Newburgh, Indiana
Hello! My pump strainer basket is stuck! I've never had this happen before. It doesn't look like it's a problem that's been posted before, so I guess it's not common. Does anyone have any suggestions? We tried prying it out and twisting it out, but no success. Thanks!

Yes, it is till stuck. I should explain that my work on the pool is on hold for a few days, while I wait on testing supplies. I can still use the pump, since I can get most of the debris out of it, so eventually my husband will have to take a look at it and see if he can get the basket out.

Dont turn it with a lever..

Mine was stuck untill I inserted a lacrosse stick to get more leverage. I cracked the pump housing basket! I was trying to prime my pump for initial start up last night. To fix it temporarily I have coated it with pvc glue. This mourning it did start up and didnt leak visably, but I turned it off due to the fact I want to be there when it is running for now.

I am trying to loacate a pump housing for my pentair pinnacle 1 hp model # 342854 but cant find any.

Where is the best place to buy pumps??

Thanks and they do have them...

but the cost of a part is $160 ish, plus a new cover $33 so I can actually see into this 5 year old pump. But I may get a new pump, the pinnacle has been replaced by the super flow and they are about $270.

Cant see going for the varable speed pumps they are well over $800 but they claim to be able to save half that in electic and my elec is at about 18 cents -I think. That pump could pay for itself in 2 years - which seems like a great payoff.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks to everyone who replied. I got the strainer out finally by sticking a big flat-head screwdriver under the handle and prying until the handle broke through. Then I stood over it and pulled on the two broken pieces twisting and wiggling it till it finally came out. I think I've had more physical activity getting this pool up and running than I had all winter!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.