Just Added Borates

Jul 3, 2009
Montgomery, TX
Followed the instructions in the pool school along with the Pool Calculator iPhone App...couldn't get any easier than that!

The water seemed to "come alive" after I was done...just needed to add a little more acid than what the Pool Calculator app indicated but other than that perfect!

Thanks!

I did have to stop by a total of 4 stores and bought all they had (Walmarts & Targets)...

How long do we all need to wait before swimming though?

photo20.jpg

WOW, your pool looks amazing :whoot: :cheers:

Here's what Jason said in another thread:
JasonLion said:
Wait at least an hour after the borates addition with the pump running, then test the PH. If the PH is between 7.2 and 7.8 you can swim. After 24 hours, test the PH again before swimming. Regardless of what the PH is now, test it again 48 hours after the borate addition and adjust as needed at that point.

I will be buying the borax tonight. Just called WalMart and they have 20 Mule Team 76 oz. for $2.98.
I'll be adding this to my pool as soon as I can get my TA somewhere around where it needs to be...(currently around 200 from years of well water top-off)

Just thought I would report back on having the Borates added a couple weeks ago...

It hasn't really helped the PH drift because I have the infinity edge, BUT I had to reduce my SWG Chlorine setting by 10% because chlorine is definately not being consumed as fast!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
:party:

One of the first things I did after I got the BBB down pat. Everyone that jumps in always says that when they get out their skin doesn't feel dry or "poolish". Makes the wifey happy, which makes me happy.

:lol:

Well, it's been just over a month now since adding borates. While the algae problem I usually encounter throughout the summer is non-existant, in fact I have yet to shock the pool this summer. All the tests come back within the ranges for a SWG pool.

One thing that has concernced me is that I have a HUGE tiled infinity edge and now when the tiles are dry there is a HUGE white haze on the across all the tiles. Rubbing your finger across them now results in a chalky feel, and no longer slick and smooth. When the water covers the tiles they look normal again, it's only when they are completely dry that the haze returns and it is really noticeable. I'll try and post before and after pictures shortly...

That's the only thing that has changed the last few months as well...

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.