N. Texas Pool remodel company

Status
Not open for further replies.

uwimage

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 10, 2007
Richardson, TX
well, hopefully this is the right place...I just wanted to share a quick experience with a large pool remodel company in the N. Texas area...

We got all of our bids (5 companies) and due to us buying our first house we did go with the cheapest, I kind of knew I would regret it later. the start was delayed over three months, weather was some of it, but it was also very poor communication from them as well....yes, I know, another red flag.

We've had 6 repair guys out since it was finished...you name it, coping, plaster, filter leaking (they added a new concrete pad to the filter, didn't put it back on right) Deck-O-Seal, and we're still not done. So far they are willing to reimburse us on the deck o seal, it really looks like Crud, we're taking them up on that. They are supposed to send a plumber out to fix the leak on the filter this week, hopefully that will happen. As far as one of our major plaster issues, we were told there was nothing they were going to do about (now the lawyer is about to step in, it really looks like Crud, a huge dent right by the pool light so it looks awful when the light comes on), it's not a trowl dent, it's human and it looks like someone dropped a water bottle on it and didn't smooth it out.

So, we ended up going with Adams Pools out of Cali, localy their known as Classic Tile and Plaster out of Grapevine, TX. I have purchased the URL for www.classictileandplaster.com and will probably put up a site detailing everything once this is all over with.

I know nothing goes right with construction but these guys have really pushed us over the edge and won't just settle...

If anyone in the area has great experiences with re-models I'd like to hear about them, either post here or PM me? We're going to probably have the plaster re-done at the end of the summer...it really bugs us that much.

not yet...we'll see.

When I searched the BBB they had a couple of complaints but they had also been resolved, I figure 90% of construction companies have something out there...It didn't bother me so much because they had been resolved.

I'm sure we will figure something out, I'm more interested in makeing sure if someone deals with them they know what their getting into.

I have emails, voice mails, letters, photos, all the documentation needed, I'm not worried about myself on this, it's just been one heck of an experience.

I realize this is a belated response to this thread. I truly feel bad for uwimage and anyone else who is having such frustrating problems with their PBs. It shouldn't be that way, cheapest bid or not.

Classic Tile and Plaster of Grapevine did the PebbleSheen on our pool last summer and did an outstanding job on it. The Pebble part of our pool build went very, very well.

I know that PBs have many crews and that the same crew does not do every phase of building every pool, but wanted this forum to know that there's at least one crew from this company whose work was top-notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.