Oklahoma
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
I have an Intex Ultra Frame 24'x12'x52" with a sand filter pump and Intex SWG. Here are my numbers as of today. I filled the pool up last week and put the amount of salt in it the SWG said to(210lbs). I had no CYA or FC as of yesterday and the local pool shop said to add a pound of shock. I did and it raised my FC but muy CYA is still 0.

Before shock results:
CYA 0
Total Alk 80-120
PH 7.2
FC 0
Hardness 200
Copper 0
Sodium(salt) 2780ppm

After shock:

YA 0
Total Alk 80-120
PH 7.5
FC 2/4
Hardness 200
Copper 0
Sodium(salt) 2780ppm

do i need to bring up the copper and FC? If so how. All that is in the pool is water, salt and the 1lb of shock added last night.

TIA

JC

Welcome to TFP :wave:

Have you read through pool school? (Link in my sig).

Shock is a process, not a product. Do you happen to know what type of "shock", aka granular chlorine they had you add? It was likely cal-hypo if it did not raise CYA.

Copper is not a great thing in pools, so I would avoid that. CYA, also called conditioner/stabilizer, should be added to around 60ppm for a SWG pool. You can use poolcalculator.com to determine the right amount to add :goodjob:

You need to raise the CYA level up to around 70 to 80. With zero CYA you will lose all of your chlorine to sunlight just as quickly as the SWG can add more.

Most people around here prefer to disconnect the copper element. Copper can cause blond hair to turn green and cause unsightly stains that are difficult to remove.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.