Vermiculite pool bottom and Gorilla pad

Jun 14, 2010
Piedmont of NC
Ok folks, hope all of you are well. Here's my question.....after installing the pool last year with a sand bottom and not being happy with it, just had a vermiculite bottom installed today. I am wondering if I can reuse, or should I reuse my Gorilla Pad I used on my sand bottom? Will it hold moisture, inhibit mold growth, or cause any problems? Also, I'm getting ready to install wall foam as well....any tips, hints, or things to remember? I'll be using 3M 77 adhesive. Thanks in advance! Marc

I don't see why not, as long as it's clean. It should hold moisture, just as the liner would. Waste has been pretty busy, but he may have some good input :goodjob:

I would use it. I love the difference that Gorilla pad makes for the bottom. We put foam wall liner on last year when we replaced our liner. remember to order enough foam adhesive (the recommended amount is never enough) also remember to have enough people with to help - one to hold the foam roll out straight out of the way, one person to apply it smoothly like wall paper - bubbles and ripples are not fun to fix. Cut the wall foam larger than your skimmer and return openings so it does cause issues with the gaskets sealing correctly - we had to re-do because there was too much bulk/buldge and it sealed much better after being cut back. Both the foam wall and Gorilla pad are wonderful additions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.