DIY aeration

johnvb

May 6, 2011
Va Beach Va.
Hey Folks, first post here. Decided to go BBB this year, resurrecting an old pool that has been closed for 20 months :shock: Ordered and received the TF-100 kit, have been shocking/treating the pool with bleach and baking soda from Costco. It's gone from a swamping green to almost clear in just a few days, at roughly half the cost I would of payed to my local Leslies :-D

I can post my test numbers if you like, but it looks like my TA is close to normal, but the PH is low. Still have some more shocking and cleanup to go. From what I have read, simple aeration will raise the PH, correct?

I have rigged a hose off one of the returns, shooting out of, then back into the water for now. But I had an idea. Years ago I had piped in a separate return line, using a Jandy 3-way valve, for a future waterfall. Without going in great detail, the waterfall isn't happening any time soon, if at all.

My though is to rig a high pressure shower nozzle on the above mentioned line, raised high enough from the water surface to be used as a "head refresher". When I want to raise the PH, switch it to full blast. When I want to have a gentle shower that one can float under to cool off, just back the valve down. Or it could be turned completely off.

Will it work?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.