Compass123 pool build

compass123

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
Ont. Canada
They started digging this morning in the rain and that's what it look like when I got home from work.
94b8f89b.jpg

ec08e5fd.jpg

1cc9ea3b.jpg

4f765cb9.jpg

Compass,

Welcome to the forum. We all love pool pics....beginning, during, and finished...Thanks! Keep 'em coming.

That's good looking soil you've got up there. If I sent you a picture of the grey clay and sand I've got here in NC, you'd think we built over a toxic waste dump.

They hit water in the deep end, they assure me this isn't going affect anything because
they dug 9" past the deepest part of the pool. Does this make sense?
Yes and No. If that's the highest your groundwater gets....no problemo. If the groundwater seasonally gets higher than the bottom of the deepest part of the pool, it may float your liner....not good.

The solution is drilling "wellpoints". Essentially, these are holes in the ground, usually 8-12" in diameter, drilled into the soil around the perimeter of the pool (and deeper than the pool).

Usually lined with pvc pipe, they allow ground water to accumulate in them and provide a spot where a submersible pump can be placed to lower the ground water around the pool

lol...duraleigh..I was going to say the same thing. I thought I was the only on who looks at the type of dirt people have!! Nice shape to the pool, I like it! Dont worry about the water and the wellpointing, we hit water at 6' down and we have a 8' deep end.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey, Dennis,

I am enjoying your pics as others are, I'm sure.

I know you didn't ask for this advice but take it for what it's worth.....that's a really big pump for that pool. I don't know what gpm the filter is rated for but you might consider a smaller pump and larger filter if he'll (PB) trade out.....about a 3/4 hp pump is all you need and a big pump can often times create other issues.....one of the few times when bigger is seldom better.

EDIT: Looks like a 300 sq ft filter gives you about 120gpm or thereabouts......that's plenty big on the filter........no need to go bigger but that pump is still pretty large for your pool.

duraleigh said:
Hey, Dennis,

I am enjoying your pics as others are, I'm sure.

I know you didn't ask for this advice but take it for what it's worth.....that's a really big pump for that pool. I don't know what gpm the filter is rated for but you might consider a smaller pump and larger filter if he'll (PB) trade out.....about a 3/4 hp pump is all you need and a big pump can often times create other issues.....one of the few times when bigger is seldom better.

EDIT: Looks like a 300 sq ft filter gives you about 120gpm or thereabouts......that's plenty big on the filter........no need to go bigger but that pump is still pretty large for your pool.

i would have to agree, i have the same size pump with more water and im not sure how close yours all is, but my pump and filter are about 115 ft from the closet return. i count four(4) returns in your pool, (atleast 4 holes in the side, may all not be returns bit their placed liek returns) and i have the same amount with PLENTY of flow.

compass123 said:
Thank You for the advice, I will certainly talk to the PB about it tommorrow and keep the good advices coming.

i noticed you have deck jets, is that included in your 3 returns, i looked back at your post and you have 3 returns 1 skimmer, so are you running a total of 7, 3 jets and 4 deck jets, or are these the same things. Do you have an Main Drain?

Pool is looking great, TIME to see some with water, get your builder to work!!! :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.