Compass123 pool build

wow, at first i thought 2 500w lights was alot for that pool. now looking at the pics YOU NEED 2. POOL looks awsome, love the deck jets. i have a light out and i cant belive wat a difference two make, i mean theres NO light in my deep end area, i wont replace it until i open next year because i need to remove the diving board to get to the junction box to turn off the power.

Rolin Thunder,

You should not need access to the junction box under your diving board in order to turn off power to the pool light. There should be an upstream breaker that feeds your pool light that you can turn off. You should then be able to change out a burned out bulb without access to the junction box.

The only reason you would need access to the junction box is in the event that you find that the entire underwater fixture has gone bad. Then you would need access to the junction box in order to disconnect the pool light cord and remove the cord from the conduit.

Hope this helps.

Titanium

HMM, THAT is completly different of what foxx said to me, i trust you guys better and thought, WHY, if i turn it off at the breaker it would shut off power to the light, and the guy said you only turn it off at the breaker if your replacing the light, i dont trust pool builders anymore. thanks for the info. :-D

Who, or what, is foxx?

And be careful around the electricity. You know that this stuff can kill. Whether you kill the power to the light by turning off the upstream breaker or by disconnecting wires at the junction box (which would still have live wires in them unless the aforementioned upstream breaker was turned off), make SURE the power is really off by measuring voltage with a voltmeter or multimeter that you KNOW is working (i.e. make sure the meter reads 120 volts on one of your indoor receptacles).

Let us know what you end up doing.

Although you may end up having to start a new thread. I feat that we have trampled all over compass123's thread. :(

Ttitanium

Titanium said:
Who, or what, is foxx?

And be careful around the electricity. You know that this stuff can kill. Whether you kill the power to the light by turning off the upstream breaker or by disconnecting wires at the junction box (which would still have live wires in them unless the aforementioned upstream breaker was turned off), make SURE the power is really off by measuring voltage with a voltmeter or multimeter that you KNOW is working (i.e. make sure the meter reads 120 volts on one of your indoor receptacles).

Let us know what you end up doing.

Although you may end up having to start a new thread. I feat that we have trampled all over compass123's thread. :(

Ttitanium

SORRY COMPASS123, butt foxx is the origional pool builder and who serviced my pool when i first moved in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.