Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Compass123 pool build

1. Back To Top    #1

Compass123 pool build

They started digging this morning in the rain and that's what it look like when I got home from work.

Dennis

16000 gallons GRAND BEND ig vinyl pool, Sta-Rite Dynaglas 1hp pump and System III modular cartridge filter 300ft2, Jandy Aqua Pure 1400 salt generator, 325000btu LJ gas heater, 2 Pentair 500 watts lights, 4 deck jets.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Compass,

Welcome to the forum. We all love pool pics....beginning, during, and finished...Thanks! Keep 'em coming.

That's good looking soil you've got up there. If I sent you a picture of the grey clay and sand I've got here in NC, you'd think we built over a toxic waste dump.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Welecome to TFP! Looks like its going to be a pretty good size pool. Cant wait to follow the progress... keep the pics coming!
    Jim

--------------------------------------
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION: 32'x 27' Freeform in tiered yard. 16'X4'X4' Moss Rock waterfall, Tanning Ledge w/3 bubblers, Gas Fire pit w/scupper, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen, 18" raised spa. w/6 Waterway therapy jets on upper tier w/40" Moss Rock spillover, Pentair IntelliTouch, Pentair IntelliFlo 4 x 160 (Pool/Spa), Pentair 2HP Whisperflo(water features), MasterTemp 400BTU, Pentair 520 Cartridge Filter, Pentair Legend Platinum Cleaner w/booster

4. Back To Top    #4

DAY 2, They hit water in the deep end, they assure me this isn't going affect anything because
    they dug 9" past the deepest part of the pool. Does this make sense?

Dennis

16000 gallons GRAND BEND ig vinyl pool, Sta-Rite Dynaglas 1hp pump and System III modular cartridge filter 300ft2, Jandy Aqua Pure 1400 salt generator, 325000btu LJ gas heater, 2 Pentair 500 watts lights, 4 deck jets.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry
    They hit water in the deep end, they assure me this isn't going affect anything because
    they dug 9" past the deepest part of the pool. Does this make sense?
    Yes and No. If that's the highest your groundwater gets....no problemo. If the groundwater seasonally gets higher than the bottom of the deepest part of the pool, it may float your liner....not good.
    Dave S. - Forum owner

6. Back To Top    #6

It rain the last couple days and I hope that's the highest the water will get if not what is the remedy?

Dennis

Dennis

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry
    The solution is drilling "wellpoints". Essentially, these are holes in the ground, usually 8-12" in diameter, drilled into the soil around the perimeter of the pool (and deeper than the pool).

Usually lined with pvc pipe, they allow ground water to accumulate in them and provide a spot where a submersible pump can be placed to lower the ground water around the pool
    Dave S. - Forum owner

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks Dave, I will disgust it with PB.

Dennis

Dennis

9. Back To Top    #9

lol...duraleigh..I was going to say the same thing. I thought I was the only on who looks at the type of dirt people have!! Nice shape to the pool, I like it! Dont worry about the water and the wellpointing, we hit water at 6' down and we have a 8' deep end.
    **** hath no fury like a HURRICANE!!!!
    33,000 gal. inground vinyl pool

10. Back To Top    #10

Day3, only worked half of the day.

Dennis

11. Back To Top    #11

Day 5 It's coming along good( I think ), crushed stone and gravel are down, the backhoe
    and the bobcat are leaving tommorrow.

Dennis

12. Back To Top    #12

Very nice. Thanks for the pics. What do you have planned for equipment? Pump, returns, light, skimmers, salt/chlorine etc..??
    Dave
    -------
    Our pool-
    20x40 Free Form Gunite (3'-8'), 26,000 G, AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generator SC-48, Aqua blue pebble sheen, Textured Sundek, Pentair Easy touch with remote control, 1hp Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro pump, Max-E- Therm heater 333k BTU, System 3 Mod Media Cartridge filter, and Polaris 380 cleaner with booster pump

13. Back To Top    #13

There will be a cleaner inlet, one skimmer and 3 returns.

Dennis

14. Back To Top    #14

Day6, two more truckloads of gravel.

Dennis

15. Back To Top    #15

Day7, they finished the pool bottom and all the lines are in.

Dennis

16. Back To Top    #16

In the Industry
    Hey, Dennis,

I am enjoying your pics as others are, I'm sure.

I know you didn't ask for this advice but take it for what it's worth.....that's a really big pump for that pool. I don't know what gpm the filter is rated for but you might consider a smaller pump and larger filter if he'll (PB) trade out.....about a 3/4 hp pump is all you need and a big pump can often times create other issues.....one of the few times when bigger is seldom better.

EDIT: Looks like a 300 sq ft filter gives you about 120gpm or thereabouts......that's plenty big on the filter........no need to go bigger but that pump is still pretty large for your pool.
    Dave S. - Forum owner

17. Back To Top    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    Hey, Dennis,

I am enjoying your pics as others are, I'm sure.

I know you didn't ask for this advice but take it for what it's worth.....that's a really big pump for that pool. I don't know what gpm the filter is rated for but you might consider a smaller pump and larger filter if he'll (PB) trade out.....about a 3/4 hp pump is all you need and a big pump can often times create other issues.....one of the few times when bigger is seldom better.

EDIT: Looks like a 300 sq ft filter gives you about 120gpm or thereabouts......that's plenty big on the filter........no need to go bigger but that pump is still pretty large for your pool.
    i would have to agree, i have the same size pump with more water and im not sure how close yours all is, but my pump and filter are about 115 ft from the closet return. i count four(4) returns in your pool, (atleast 4 holes in the side, may all not be returns bit their placed liek returns) and i have the same amount with PLENTY of flow.

18. Back To Top    #18

Thank You for the advice, I will certainly talk to the PB about it tommorrow and keep the good advices coming.

Dennis

19. Back To Top    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by compass123
    Thank You for the advice, I will certainly talk to the PB about it tommorrow and keep the good advices coming.
    i noticed you have deck jets, is that included in your 3 returns, i looked back at your post and you have 3 returns 1 skimmer, so are you running a total of 7, 3 jets and 4 deck jets, or are these the same things. Do you have an Main Drain?

Pool is looking great, TIME to see some with water, get your builder to work!!!

20. Back To Top    #20

You are right Thunder 3 returns + 4 deck jets and no main drain.
    Wish the water is in suppose to go up around 30C this weekend that is extremely unusual
    in the Great White North.

Dennis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast