Foam and Cloudy Water

Water finally cleared considerably today after an elevated shock level. FC is at 24 now, CC is at .5 and I can see the bottom of the shallow end and about halfway to the deep end. TA is testing at 240 which is a nice drop form the mid 300's we started in, I didn't test the PH and assume with the high FC the TA could be reading high as well, but I added 2 extra drops of the R-007 so maybe not. Can I use the r-007 prior to a PH test? What I can see is a nice layer of dead algea on the bottom of the pool. I figured instead of brushing the whole thing tonight I'd turn the Polaris on and let it get the algea off the bottom and up into circulation. My polaris has been hidden in the deep end for a week (not running) and I just pulled it out today and found that evidently the last time it was running the bag got stuck up in the wheels (the velcro that holds the bag to the hose separated from the bag) and ripped the bag to shreds. Going to go get a new bag tomorrow, but in the mean time can I run it without a bag to help pick the dead algea up and put it in circulation? Would love to run it all night so I can get a jump on filtering out the Algae. I guess I could invest in a pool vac and vacuum to waste or through the filter, but I don't have one and have never used one, although my pool does have a port for a suction side cleaner, but no way to stop it from going straight to the filter. Any suggestions on a pool vac or running the ploaris without the bag?

Water is much clearer again this morning can see everything except the bottom of the deep end. FC was at 24 this morning with CC at 0. Going to let the FC come down today and then check the PH. TA is down to 230 (if that test is accurate at the high FC levels) and CH is up to 120. Going to the pool store today for some Calcium Chloride, Muratic Acid, and a new bag for the polaris.

Thanks for all the help guys.

One final update then I'll post some pictures this evening once it's completely clear. Checked on it FC is at 23, CC at 0, sun is still not directly on the pool yet as the house shades it pretty well in the mornings, I expect the Chlorine to really start breaking down this afternoon. Pool was still just a tad cloudy but I saw the drains in the deep end for the 1st time this season. I brushed the entire pool, stirring up a bunch of dead algea, and making the entire pool cloudy again. Filter pressure had jumped overnight to 22 psi after holding at about 12-15 psi for much of the cleaning process. So I see a filter cleaning again in my very near future. Thanks again for all the help and I'll post some pictures this evening.

AS promised here are the pictures.

Before, Foamy Water:

foamy.jpg

Before, Cloudy Water (Spa)

cloudy.jpg

After, Clear Water:

clear.jpg

Had five kids in the pool or I would have posted a pic of it too. Thanks for all the help guys. The Pool Owner Patience was the hardest for me I kept expecting it to clear up quicker, but sticking with it it now looks (and tests great) still need to lower the TA and handle a few other issues I will post about later.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.