Goodbye VS-3050...

taekwondodo

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 26, 2009
So, I guess the EcoStar from Hayward has really hit the mark. My distributors cant get them fast enough. It has everything the Intelliflo VS-SVRS does (with a non SVRS option, and an SVRS option) at a VS-3050 price point.

What I never liked about the 3050 was that it wasn't visibly "smart". Four buttons, up and down, no display, very limited "programmability" (speed per button, that's it!), no integrated timer.

With the EcoStar effectively at the same price-point as the 3050, and the EcoStar having a very easily programmable display with integrated watt-meter and intelligent timer comparable to the VS-SVRS, Pentair responded.

The 3050 appears to be "no more", now they have the Intelliflo VS... without SVRS... at almost the same exact price as the EcoStar... with all of the features and smarts of the VS-SVRS (timers, programmable-ities, watt-meters...). Only gripe left is Pentair is charging an arm/leg for the comm cable - EcoStar's wire you can get from home depot.

Sometimes competition is great!

:D

Just curious, what's the best price on the Ecostar? We've (extended family pools...) been picking up IntelliFlow VF pumps right around 1000, within a 25 dollar variance and found one online for 850, all pumps came with full Pentair warranty and were registered as such.

The best price on an EcoStar from someone reputable I've seen is around $940 delivered. Right now you can get the VS-3050 for $850 delivered. I've also seen the IntelliFlo Variable Speed for $870. But that is all very fluid. VS-3050 is going away, so the price is lower, while the EcoStar is in heavy demand so the price is higher. This will all change around some by the end of the season.

I am reviewing Hayward's Ecostar, and I really, really like the feature set of this pump. Are there multiple models of this pump?

And if there is just one model, which appears to be SP3400VSP, Is this pump roughly (at max RPM/output) the equivalent of a 3HP pump? I am just trying to understand what performance I will get in "wide open" mode, when running water features like waterfall, etc.

I would like to hear from anyone who has one (or who has installed one)...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I decided to go with the Pentair 011018, since I plan to get an Intellitouch system, eventually.

Since I am in CA, I ordered mine from ebay seller "poolgoodsdelivered" of Dallas, TX and it will be here by Friday.

$849 w/free shipping via UPS and no tax.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.