Calcium Chloride..

Depending on your location, you may or may not find it locally. Be sure to call before you drive! :wink:

From Pool School:
Calcium hardness can be raised with calcium chloride or calcium chloride dihydrate. They are available in some areas as Peladow, Dowflake, Tetra Flake, or Tetra 94, often sold as a deicer by hardware stores, and some big box stores, in colder climates. Pool stores will carry either calcium chloride or calcium chloride dihydrate under a variety of names, including Hardness Plus, Balance Pak 300, Calcium Hardness Increaser, etc. Calcium products should be spread across the surface of the deep end of the pool

Can I use RoadRunner Ice Melt as a way to add in Calcium Chloride?

Here is a product page here http://www.icesalt.com/product-review/roadrunner-ice-melt/

It is advertised: "is a combination of powerful compounds that include salt, potassium chloride, magnesium chloride, and calcium chloride."

Would the other ingredients be by-products that I would not want? (I do have salt water).

BTW, I can get this product for $3 for a 10lb bag right now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
And to me! Thank you TFP, for keeping threads like this open so we don't have to post a new thread!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.