Is this a good heater and is the price good?

ROB N

Nov 26, 2010
Calera, Al
My pb came by yesterday to tie up some loose ends, we were talking and he proposed me a deal on a heater. He offered to sell me a laars lite 2, 175k btu heater w vent cap and electronic ignition. He is moving and this is a heater he had on his personal pool for the past few years. Installed for 1000$, he also said he would pour an additional equip pad for it to sit on. Is this a good heater for my 16,000 gal pool and for the money is it a good deal? I have not heard of this manufacturer and know nothing about pool heaters... Any advice/ insight would be helpful.

That is an alright heater and a very reasonable price installed. The only possible disadvantage is that it is impossible to know what kind of condition a used heater is in. So it might last a very long time or it might fail fairly soon, and there is no practical way of being sure which it will be.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.