DLSDO- Pool build

Got more of the landscaping remote from the pool installed. Landscape lighting, irrigation, plants, trees and shrubs. I can't wait till we are landscaping around the pool!!!!!!!
b3d17344.jpg

f1a18df9.jpg

8c31b99d.jpg

1627f0df.jpg

They did some grading today. Cleaned up the enormous mess from the gunite shoot. Placed some piers in the area they excavated originally to get inside the pool. They measured for the run to the equipment pad.

I originally was getting an auto chlorinator and Nature 2. Thanks to this forum I told the pb I don't want the Nature 2. He credited my account. I plan to use BBB primarily and the auto chlorinator when I am out of town or when I need to raise the CYA. I can always switch over to a SWG system in the future I suppose.

The landscapers need to come back and build some more ledge steps down to the other side of the pool and a little retaining wall for the equipment pad.

Will post some more pics soon.

Bad day. Our 13 yr old yellow lab died today!! What a bummer.

More grading for the equipment pad and storage shed. They hauled off more concrete piles from the gunite shoot. They trenched from the pool to the pad for plumbing. They ran over a valve box, and the neighbors sprinkler and we had a small flood. The irrigation guys were there fortunately and fixed it right up. Thank goodness. Onward ho!
2ba9505a.jpg

2ee15b14.jpg

5824d577.jpg

e40b98ee.jpg

I'm so sorry about your lab. That's never a good day. Hugs to your family.

On a brighter note, it looks like they are coming along nicely on your build. What a heck of a day, though. I would have wanted to crawl back in bed and try again tomorrow.

mindy_e_in_az said:
I'm so sorry about your lab. That's never a good day. Hugs to your family.

On a brighter note, it looks like they are coming along nicely on your build. What a heck of a day, though. I would have wanted to crawl back in bed and try again tomorrow.

Thanks for the kind words. Any pet owner understands its like losing a family member.

5f3c98e4.jpg

Okay....I promise..no more off topic pics. I could not help myself though.

Back to the pool build.....stay tuned

They trenched for electric and gas yesterday. Hit the main irrigation line to the front yard. Wow. That was a lot of water....fast! Irrigation guys came back again today to repair the damage....I ought to just give them a place to sleep here.

They started tile. Its a slate appearing tile. Matches some of the tile work in the house. I was kinda surprised that the tile people actually secure their scaffolding in the deep end directly to the pool walls with concrete screws. Is this typical?

04e8010b.jpg

cea7019a.jpg

fc3bd13c.jpg

168204e9.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Great pics....keep 'em coming!

I would not be concerned about anchor screws in the gunite. While I've not seen it done, the plaster will render the holes meaningless.

Landscaping Law #1:
Any digging whatsoever in any yard is always done on top of another line that will be cut.......that law is effective no matter where you try to dig.

They make electronic pipe and wire detectors but I don't need them.......I can find any pipe or wire buried in my yard simply by digging where I assume they are not.....then, spending the next 1/2 day repairing the cut!!

duraleigh said:
Great pics....keep 'em coming!

I would not be concerned about anchor screws in the gunite. While I've not seen it done, the plaster will render the holes meaningless.

Landscaping Law #1:
Any digging whatsoever in any yard is always done on top of another line that will be cut.......that law is effective no matter where you try to dig.

They make electronic pipe and wire detectors but I don't need them.......I can find any pipe or wire buried in my yard simply by digging where I assume they are not.....then, spending the next 1/2 day repairing the cut!!

More pics to come. I have enjoyed posting them. All comments appreciated.

Makes sense about the anchor screws. Thanks.

So true!! Thats what I love about this forum. Excellent info from knowlegable posters and a little levity. I read your post and literally laughed out loud. Thanks!

I really like the tile you've chosen.
I find it so interesting the different order things are done in different areas. Our gas was done by our plumber and he was the first guy here after excavation. Our electrician was next.
Looks like thing are coming along quite nicely.

I'm coming to this thread late but wanted to say how very sorry I am for your loss of your dog buddy. They leave such a huge hole in our lives when they move on.

Your property, your home and yard, is just beautiful!

Anna

Mindy,
Thanks. We have some slate floors in the house and this matches that. I was thinking the same thing about the build sequence. Every builder seems to do it differently.

Anna,
I appreciate your kind words.

Will keep you posted!

Friday update-

-Passed the gas inspection
-Electricians roughed the electric
-Tile installation continues..
-Starting to rock the pool deck
-Irrigation team fixed the water main the pool guys trenched through--oops..again!

Here are some more pics
d7ee8d18.jpg

ba60fb8f.jpg

6bb99194.jpg

c14660e8.jpg

73eb140a.jpg

compass123 said:
Glad you are moving along , we are stall rain and more rain if this keep up you'll finish before us.
Keep the pictures coming and those tiles are good looking.

Argh! Here comes the rain. It just started and is supposed to rain all week here. Oh well. They got some more of the pool deck rocked, trenched for drains and finished up tile before the rain started today.

dlsdo said:
Fighting the rain here. Still forming up the pool deck, equipment pad and pool shed. Drains went in also.

send some of it our way, WE WILL TAKE IT ALL, down in virginia is in a serious drout, you cant water plants, you cant wash your cars, you cant fill your pool with city water, the ground is dry, i have the sprinklers set to run twice a day and according to my wife the grass is still dead, and plus were only alowed 150 gallons a day, really have to cut back on showers and washing clothes, it has been like that since the first of october.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.