How to Install rail over the steps?

Rails normally mount to the same kind of deck anchors that ladders mount to. Typically a large core drill is used to drill holes in the deck and anchors are then cemented in place in the holes. It is a little tricky if you use metal rails on an existing pool deck, since then the anchor needs to be bonded (electrically connected to the bonding system with #8 bare copper wire) so you have to find somewhere to wire the anchors to.

JasonLion said:
Rails normally mount to the same kind of deck anchors that ladders mount to. Typically a large core drill is used to drill holes in the deck and anchors are then cemented in place in the holes. It is a little tricky if you use metal rails on an existing pool deck, since then the anchor needs to be bonded (electrically connected to the bonding system with #8 bare copper wire) so you have to find somewhere to wire the anchors to.

Glad I posted thgis here.

I was reading some posts in the builders thread. I noticed this bonding stuff. That's why I decided to post. I was thinking up till then, it was drill a few holes and that would be it.

This sounds practically inpossible to do correctly/safely without a ton of expense.

You can, but it is annoying. You cut a slot from the anchor to somewhere else and push the wire down into it. The main challenge is figuring out where you can get a good connection to the bonding system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.