Replace old style Aquapure 2 port Cell with new style 3 port

wayden1

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Tried searching and did not come up with anything.

Does anyone have a step by step guide on doing this (preferably with pictures)?

Looks like I have a tri sensor going bad and the cell is now at 5 years old, figured I would just get the replacement kit instead of shelling out almost $200 for a new sensor alone.

Thanks for the help.

Re: Replace old style Aquapure 2 port Cell with new style 3

Welcome to TFP!

Replacing the old cell with the new style cell requires some plumbing work, since they aren't the same size. The details of the plumbing vary depending on how your plumbing is currently setup. If you post a picture we can give more specific advice.

Thanks for the quick response, I will try and get a photo tonight and post it tomorrow.
BTY, new poster to the forum, but have been reading and using your advice for 4 years now - great site, blew off the Pool Store and bought a TFT kit and been keeping up my own pool maintenance since. I replaced the front board (for sure) and the sensor (I think) last season. Now having problems again, codes all indicate it is the sensor this time.

Here is how my Aquapure 1400 cell (old style) is installed:
[attachment=1:34gtvvrx]IMG_0056.jpg[/attachment:34gtvvrx]
[attachment=0:34gtvvrx]IMG_0059.jpg[/attachment:34gtvvrx]

Trying to get an idea of what additional needs to be done and any other parts needed with the new style cell kit.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0056.jpg
    IMG_0056.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 51

That shouldn't be too difficult. You will need to cut the existing cell and sensor out, trying to leave as much pipe as possible. It looks like you will have just enough left over to connect to. Then the new cell goes in more or less the same place, plus a little extra bit of pipe to get everything to come out the right length.

Are the 2 cells the same diameter (I know the length is different)? Is there a recommended primer, glue for PVC pipe for pools using salt system? I am thinking about the kit sold by Pool Supply World since they seem to have the best price. It looks like it comes with everything, sensor, cell, and from the photo looks like you also get some pvc ends that would need to be mounted to my existing plumbing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.