Hayward H250 Lo Nox wont stay lit, IF code

jonmar

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 29, 2009
Just opened the pool yesterday. Filled it up last night, ran it through the main drain all night after adding salt and switched it to the skimmer this morning. This will be the heater's third season. Anyhow, it went through it's normal cycling, with the clicking etc. Faint smell of gas. I got the usual 'woomph' when it lit and then it went out 2-3 seconds later. After three times I got the IF code. The first two seasons, it lit first time, every time. Any ideas this time?

Does the 'woomph' mean gas is getting to the heater?

Yes, a 'woomph' mean gas is getting to the heater.

Most likely it just needs to be cleaned out inside a little bit. Debris blocking the air tubes can cause the sensor to read a problem and the heater to shut down. Often rodents get inside and add some nesting material, or leaves blow in, or something is blocking the air flow enough to keep the safety sensors from being happy.

Is that something I need to 'call a guy' for or is it something a relatively 'useless around the house guy' can do himself? It it more involved than taking the front panel off?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.