norbie

Aug 21, 2007
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello All,

I plan on opening my pool this coming weekend. This will be the first time I open it after using a Loop-Loc Mesh Safety Cover. I was wondering if anyone has any advice as far as anything I have to do different. In past years I used your standard covers with water bags and never had any issues with the quality of my water. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
:?:

Re: 1st year opening my pool with a Loop-Loc Mesh Safty Cove

Every pool is different, but mesh covers tend to let dirt in, so don't be surprised if you see a layer of fine dirt on the bottom. Otherwise, it shouldn't be much different than any other year.

If it's a new loop loc, you wont have much dirt at all. The old covers tended to let more dirt in, but the new ones are a tighter weave, so the old adage that mesh covered pools open dirtier is not really true anymore. Let us know how clean or dirty yours is when you open. take a picture and post it up. :goodjob:

Can you update this thread next week to tell me if you prefer the mesh to the tarp & water bags? I hate the tarp & water bags because they leak and are a pain to deal with but the mesh safety cover is $$$...

The cover came off this past weekend, The water was a little cloudy, more than I expected. It only took me 1 day to clear up the water. I blame this fact on myself because I forgot to add the algicide a few weeks ago. Here are the pictures of the pool after the cover came off.
Looking back I think I would take more time considering the solid cover over the mesh, I had a little dirt in the bottom of the pool but I think this had a lot to do with the amount of snow we had this year.
Definitely beats the tarp and water bags.

[attachment=1:173w3hif]poolb.jpg[/attachment:173w3hif]

[attachment=0:173w3hif]pool 004.jpg[/attachment:173w3hif]
:cheers:

One last question about storing the cover and anchors. In the instructions it says to rinse off the cover, fold it accordion style and hang it up in the bag off the floor. I did fold it accordion style from the deep end to the low end but it didn't seem to come out even. I folded it over and it easily fit in the bag. Is this okay? Also the instructions don't mention putting any type of lubricant in the anchors before closeing them. Should I spray some WD-40 in the anchors before I close them?
Thanks again :goodjob:

norbie said:
I folded it over and it easily fit in the bag. Is this okay?
Sure, it's fine.

As for lube in the anchors, i dont do it. I do blow out the inside with an air compressor to get all the grit out before I screw the anchor back down to the deck level. I dont really tighten them down hard either. Just get the flush and barely tight. No need to crank on them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.