O-Ring replacement

saraiks

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Fremont, CA
:idea: :lol:

I was cleaning my filter and in the process of reassembling it I broke my O-Ring. Since the pool store was closed I went to my local Ace hardware(Known as Dales' here in Fremont). They did not have a replacement but I found something else that works great! I used a pressure cooker rubber gasket which was of a very similar size( Presto 9903). Since the Pressure Cooker Gasket is flat on both sides it fitted perfectly on the collar of my Starite filter. I lubed both sides, refitted everything ran the pump and vola no leaks and a perfect fit! not bad for 10 bucks.. although you can find them cheaper on the net (6 bucks as per google)..

Attachments

• 225x225-9903.jpg
    225x225-9903.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 171
Just an update..

the Pressure cooker sealing ring is holding up quite well so far.. I had to clean and reassemble my cartridge filter due to all the debris from the recent rains and the replacement ring was just fine. No signs of any wear and tear or damage !

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.