Keeping a log of all my test results

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this but here goes ...
No that wasn't the best place. Split to a new topic. JasonLion

I got a little carried away after getting my Taylor K-2006 test kit, and I wanted to keep a log of all my test results. I searched the internet and didn't find anything that I liked, so I made my own.

If you all would be so kind - I'd love to get your comments on this. PM me if you would like the PDF version - or is there a downloads section here on TFP to post this for anyone who wants it? Thanks to everyone!

Mike

Attachments

• Pool-Water-Test-Log-03B-for-TFP.jpg
    Pool-Water-Test-Log-03B-for-TFP.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 289
lborne said:
Very nice. Do you print and cut it out on cardstock? Does it then fit inside your test kit?

No - it prints landscape on 8 1/2 x 11, so it doesn't fit the test kit. I use a heavy stock (28 lb) on a color laser jet printer.

I have a section in my "Pool School" 3-ring binder with the log and the instructions from the K2006 data brochure (blown up so I can friggin' read it! :rant: ). That way I can sit at the breakfast bar in the kitchen and have everything in front of me. :-D

Thanks for sharing :goodjob:

Only comment I have is that if ideal CYA is 30-50, I'll assume this is a non-swg pool and as such your ideal FC should be 4-6ppm. 1ppm at CYA of 30 or 3ppm FC at a CYA of 50 is too low.

dmanb2b said:
Thanks for sharing :goodjob:

Only comment I have is that if ideal CYA is 30-50, I'll assume this is a non-swg pool and as such your ideal FC should be 4-6ppm. 1ppm at CYA of 30 or 3ppm FC at a CYA of 50 is too low.
I used numbers that the CDC / FL DOH recommend – which doesn’t take CYA (stabilizers) into consideration. The CDC also assumes ideal pH and water temperatures are maintained as well. Higher levels are recommended (required in public facilities) for nasty germs such as Hepatitis A, Giardia and Cryptosporidium.

The recommended levels from the TFP pool school and Chlorine/CYA chart seem to be a little higher.

I may have to revisit this.

Thanks for the input! :goodjob:

Mike

******** UPDATE ********

I revised the FC numbers relative to the CYA that I have listed. Thanks to all who have contacted me !! :wave:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.