Rooftop Pool Builder

Apr 16, 2007
Gulfport Mississippi
This may seem like a strange question to ask here but the number of people with varied pool knowledge never ceases to surprise me.

I need a pool builder to do a 6th floor rooftop pool on an upscale resort type project.

Does anyone know someone they would recommend?
Keep in mind that this is a very large commercial project and as such the pool builder would need to be experienced in like projects.

Rooftop Pools

You might try taking out an ad in pool industry trade magazines. My (limited) understanding of these projects is that the pool weight must be considered in the design of the structure... meaning adding a rooftop pool to an existing building would be very difficult. I recently read an article about roof top pools, I will try to find it. Feel free to call me at 832.593.6299 Best of luck.

Bill

Re: Rooftop Pools

CabanaBoy said:
You might try taking out an ad in pool industry trade magazines. My (limited) understanding of these projects is that the pool weight must be considered in the design of the structure... meaning adding a rooftop pool to an existing building would be very difficult. I recently read an article about roof top pools, I will try to find it. Feel free to call me at 832.593.6299 Best of luck.

Bill

water weighs about 8.3lbs per gallon thus an average 40k pool would weigh 333,715 lbs! or 166.85 tons! and That's without the concrete!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.