what would you do

uwimage

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 10, 2007
Richardson, TX
OK, we're still dealing with our pool remodel company with post issues...the job was suppose to start in December, they didn't start till the middle of February. It's been a major pain in the butt for both of us; we're very tired of dealing with it. The company has given us some money off during the remodel for delays, but now their not replying to our emails with any urgency; it's getting old quick!

Now my wife's brother is a contract/construction lawyer here in town so we're starting to work with him (good rates :))

My other question is that this company was crazy enough not to own the URL of their business name...and you guessed it, I bought the .com, .net, .info, .org, .biz....it's pretty cheap through my hosting company where I have my other website with.

I'm thinking about detailing my entire experience with them and putting it up online, maybe paying a little extra for search engine boosting...my main question is if you had the time/money/energy to put up some kind of site/blog (with open comments, which, yes I will edit profanity) would you? My brother-in-law said as long as it was an honest and accurate account of my experience with them they couldn't do anything...he's the lawyer, not me.

Sorry for the rant...hopefully it will be resolved soon, at that time I will make sure to post the company info in the regional section (I'll probably do that soon so others can avoid them if they choose.

-Thomas

I would threaten to do it and see if you can get satisfaction. I'd rather have a finished pool than revenge.

If he's on the verge of bankruptcy or something, your taking his website probably won't mean much. The threat of taking it, however, could mean lost potential revenue. jmo.

Thomas,

I know this is fluff, but are you beyond sending letters from the lawyer?? Revenge is sweet but it still does not solve the problem of getting your pool finished. From experience, all I can suggest is to be certain to document everything... phones calls, letters, emails, etc. It will all come back to hurt this guy in the end. Good luck.

Nope, they do over 700 remodels a year in this area...which is why it surprised me that it was available! I'm sure a site would have a negative impact on them...I know I tried searching the name and came up with nothing, I would guess at least 1/2 the people getting their pool remodeled would google the name. I wouldn't have used them if I found a negative website, detailed with pictures, emails from them, voice mails encoded into wav's...so there is more than just an opinion.

It's not so much of a revenge type feeling...its consumer satisfaction :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.