You Should See Visible Improvement Each Day

frustratedpoolmom

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
May 20, 2007
Key West, FL
When you are properly following the procedures on how to shock a pool - for example in the green algae situation shown below - if you are testing and dosing properly you should see visible improvement each day. Your results may vary but the time difference between these two pics is about 25 hours. If you aren't seeing a visible difference daily then you should review your testing procedures/results or your dosing calculations.
4/30/11
dalespoolday1.jpg

5/1/11
dalepoolday2.jpg

This is a non-swg vinyl inground pool with a sand filter. Almost crystal today ands its been 48 hours. :cheers:

See, now you know what's going to happen....

Someone's (like me) with a 19,000 gallon BLACK pool at opening and a sand filter is going to follow the perfect dosing procedures and brush and vac like a madman and still wait three weeks for a change like that.

Seriously though, that is an awesome transformation. My family is just happy that it went from solid black to cloudy blue in the same amount of time. No one expects to see the bottom step for a while though.... :)

-- Pete

frustratedpoolmom said:
I should add that was $10.00 of Liquid Chlorine from the Pool Store. :)
Ya it's a client's pool.

$10 bucks? Really? I'm getting 10% chlorine from Ace for $1.90/gal. It's taken me almost 10 gallons to turn my swamp into something resembling a pool. :party:

Glad it took less for your client. (... and just how much do you charge?) :cheers: I probably can't afford you .. Hee Hee !!! :mrgreen: :oops:

Attachments

• 20110430_1401-LowRes.jpg
    20110430_1401-LowRes.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 120
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.