Looking to buy Wedding cake steps. Recommendations?

joseywales

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 11, 2009
Exton, PA
We have a 4' x 4' new platform. No it's not big, but it's attached to our deck and since we built it to code, it's the place I'll hide if there's a tornado.

Anyway, the deck is right at the flat side of the octagon rail and I'm wanting to put in wedding cake steps. If necessary for stability, I can attach them to the deck.

So any suggestions for brands and place to purchase. I've seen shipping as high as $150. We have a NAMCO pools and a Leslie, so maybe I can get a vehicle and pick them up.

I should mention that although the family love the pool, I'm a warm water person, so not having to bend over and stuff sand bags is a bonus. These Majestic Steps look good, since the top step is the "weight" step and I can place that on, without diving under water:

http://www.poolsonly.com/index.php?act= ... ductId=672

DBfan187 said:
cake's have very poor circulation through them, algae can easily build up behind them

Agreed and I intend to drill extra holes in them.

I'm all ears if someone has a suggestion for different steps, which would allow folks to sit inside the pool. My wife and I don't always want to get all the way in with the kids. It would be nice to just sit in the pool sometimes.

We have wedding cake and I love them EXCEPT the circulation is pathetic. Anytime we have an algae outbreak, you can bet your last dollar that it started under the steps. We've quit attaching ours to the deck so that we can easily move them around about every week or so to attempt to prevent problems d/t poor circulation.

Let me know how the extra holes works for you--I just may give that a try!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.