Valvel Fittings/Tools

Jimbolo

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 3, 2010
Happy Sunday Folks, I got my SWG yesterday and I'm trying to install it. Having a plumbing problem though.

Attached is a picture of my dilemma. What tool would you use to loosen the fitting circled in red. I'm hoping that the grey pipe to the right of the circle (the part with the "return" label on it) is not part of the valve, as it doesn't look like they've left enough pipe there (white) for me to add a new coupler to.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Jim.

Attachments

• Pool Plumbing.jpg
    Pool Plumbing.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 88
I was hoping to be able to get the fitting undone without having to cut the pipe to the right of the gray pipe. With no open end on pipe as it is now, I can't get any type of oil filter or strap wrench around it.

Jimbolo said:
I was hoping to be able to get the fitting undone without having to cut the pipe to the right of the gray pipe. With no open end on pipe as it is now, I can't get any type of oil filter or strap wrench around it.
Yes, you can!
[youtube:13gkzbgz]K5AyJEQ0f-o[/youtube:13gkzbgz]
Watch at about 1:30, the straps wraps around then gets attached to the handle.

Edit: hmm, youtube embed didn't work. Just copy n paste the URL, then.
Fixed. Just use the movie code #, not the rest of the URL, with the youtube tag. JasonLion

Thanks Richard, Went ahead with the hack saw method and used an oil filter wrench. I figured I was going to have to cut it anyway. Too little room there between the valve sleeve and the table feeder to be able to cut it and get a union on it. Now I'm on a mission to find a Praher nut and sleeve.

I appreciate the quick replies!

Jim.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.