Need Advice, Pool Cleaner Port..Suction or Pressure?

rv4hess

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 14, 2011
I had originally planned to have my cleaner port be a pressure side with the option of a booster pump in the future for a Polaris, etc.
After reading some comments on different automatic pool cleaners, I'm leaning towards the Poolvergnuegen 2x suction side cleaner. SImple effective (for this size and type pool) and no booster.
Ours is a 18x36 play depth, 3'6"-5'4"-3'6" approx 16,000 gal. with only grass clippings and small leaves expected to be the main debris.
Does anyone think this is not a good idea?
While I'm plumbing to my pump I can easily run my cleaner line to the suction side, (right) vs to the pressure side, (left) lines and have a dedicated suction line 18" down in the water like a return.

[attachment=2:qcst47dw]Pad plumbing.JPG[/attachment:qcst47dw]
[attachment=1:qcst47dw]DSCN6742.JPG[/attachment:qcst47dw]
[attachment=0:qcst47dw]DSCN6741.JPG[/attachment:qcst47dw]

Any other ideas appreciated,
Thanks, John

Attachments

• Pad plumbing.JPG
    Pad plumbing.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCN6742.JPG
    DSCN6742.JPG
    357.7 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCN6741.JPG
    DSCN6741.JPG
    397 KB · Views: 151
Using suction side Poolvergnuegen 2x with DiamondBrite IG pool, it runs around very well even at 900 rpm @ 90 watts power, albeit a tad slow. Another program picks up speed a few times a week as needed.

Depending on your surface, be sure to get the correct types of wheels for your pool.

Thanks for the recommendations.

susa said:
Depending on your surface, be sure to get the correct types of wheels for your pool.

Good point; I remember a poster having to pay $100 extra for wheels because the salesperson never asked. (I believe he eventually had the money refunded).

Suction cleaner line it is.

Thanks, John

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.