Plumbing suggestion please

Galun

Apr 14, 2011
I want to install the intellichlor IC40, and I am hoping to get some suggestions on plumbing.

The manual recommend 3ft distance from the heater, and 12 - 18 inches of straight pipe before the intellichlor. Please see the picture for my plumbing situation. A is 16 inches. B is 11 inches. C is 27 inches.

I was thinking I can add another 10 inches at the end of B to get the 3 ft. But then I would need a 180 degree to go back, and then 90 degree down to the return pipe. Doesn't seem very effective that way.

What is the most effective way to install the intellichlor based on my setup?

Thanks!

Attachments

• P1020112.jpg
    P1020112.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 83
I would go up perhaps 12" around where the A is in the photo, to level, to down straight towards C, with the SWG mounted vertically a little above where the C appears on the photo. That only adds one 90 to the pipe and should easily accommodate your clearance requirements. You should double check the heater manual to see if it calls for any special plumbing restrictions after the outlet, and you may need to slightly adjust things from what I said to get everything to come out exactly right, but the basic approach should work.

JasonLion said:
I would go up perhaps 12" around where the A is in the photo, to level, to down straight towards C, with the SWG mounted vertically a little above where the C appears on the photo. That only adds one 90 to the pipe and should easily accommodate your clearance requirements. You should double check the heater manual to see if it calls for any special plumbing restrictions after the outlet, and you may need to slightly adjust things from what I said to get everything to come out exactly right, but the basic approach should work.

Humm... never thought about going up.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.