This is what I'm buying. First time pool owner.

bobodaclown

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2011
Murrieta, CA
Hello all,
I've been doing reading. Lots of reading. Got my test kit K-2006. Just waiting to get to the pool. Closing on May 9th.
Pool%20equip.JPG

What I know. (Working from Left to Right)
Pool heater INOP. Has electricity to it, but doesn't work.
Sand filter next to heater. Just sitting there.
Pump sucks air. (Needs new O-ring) type unknown. 1HP
Cartridge filter. (Think its Jandy CS 150)
Booster pump. DEAD
Timer (needs new case) rusted
There are 4 brass Gate valves. 1 or 2 need new handles.
I'm believe the first 2 gate valves are suction. Unsure about the 2nd 2 gate valves.

Pool water comes from the gate valves to the pump, to the filter.
From the filter to the heater. (Thinking of bypassing the heater ((inop)) (Nice straight runs to install a SWG.)
Then back to the pool.

I plan on removing the inop booster pump. What do I do with the lines?
I think the pressure was reading 30 ish on the gauge. I really don't remember. I need to check when we close.
Does anyone recognize the pump? I'll need to order a new O-ring. I'd like to have that in hand.
If the valves are working leave them alone or change them out when they start to leak? I'll be adding a SWG shortly.
Thanks in advance.

If the o-ring for the pump fits on the strainer basket lid, then just take the lid to any pool store. They should have an o-ring to fit.

If you can take close up pictures of any labels on the pump we may be able to identify it for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.