Liner type ?

May 29, 2010
I just picked up an 18 foot ABG poolsteel sided
. The guy told me it was 16' but when i layed out the track it was 18.he also said i need a over lap liner. Im not sure what kind i need. I dont have a name of the pool either. All i know is it has the same track on the bottom as the top edge. I found this out as i was laying all for the bottom lol .
ps ya im a newbie lol
any help would be appreciated

Overlap liner denotes how the liner fits over the top rail and is a pretty common style. It just folds over the top of the pool wall like a garbage bag over the top of the garbage can. Just go to your local pool store or search the internet for overlap liners and you'll find plenty.

Ya i did a bit of looking around on the net but found it hard to find. Does it sound like this is the liner i need ? SOunds like i need to lay the track then the walls then liner , put the top track on, then the verticals then the coping Then add water and cut out the skimmer and a way we go ....lol Sound about right?

thats the thing ! I am not sure what type of liner i need? How can i tell? The guy I purchased it from said it was an overlap type but how do i know thats what i need before i purchase it ?

There are normally 3 types....

Overlap-- it is pulled and stretched over the wall and then a plastic strip (coping)is placed over the top about 1/2 " to 3/4" then the top rail goes on..

J-hook or Unibead-- the is as it implies--this liner has a special edge that can be hung on the top of the wall and then no coping strip is needed --the liner is thick enough to be compressed when the top rail is placed on the wall .. This liner can also be used in a Beaded configuration also-- by removing the Part of the J- and then placing in the beaded receivers under the top rail.

Beaded--- a more "precise" fit liner that has a special coping piece that fits under the rail the liner fits in..

I prefer the J-hook-Unibead style--- easier to install and get wrinkles out .

Make sure to get the right diameter for the pool and take special note of your wall height -- this will make a difference...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.