low temp warning

Apr 30, 2011
Interesting issue I had this week curious if anyone else has had this

When i started the pool the swg on the P4 controller stated cell off due to low temp, but as temp rose the cell came on so all well and good, but then the temp dropped after a cold spell, but when I started to ehat the pool the cell did not come back on even though the water temp was at 60F (the manual says above 50F). I had a power cut in between I must add.

So I turned everything off and back on and the cell jumped into life.

Anyone have any clue about this or just one of those things?

the air temp is sitting in the shade away from any eronous heat source.
so the cell has its own indepentant water temp sensor from the P4? so if I follow right, this means the cell could be reading a different temp thus showing a low temp reading even though the P4 says otherwise?

That is possible, though unlikely. The two sensors should both be reading the water temperature and getting very similar results. If they disagree the most likely cause would be a loose connection between the cell and the control unit or a damaged cell cable.

Just gone into diagnostics and the cell reads 02F above the pool temp, but everything is working as it should so will put it down to either "one of those things" or the powr outage we had playing the cell up.

Just for further education, if the power goes out should you unplug the cell when restarting the P4? I noted on install the instructions said to have cell unplugged when starting.

The P4 has an air temp sensor and one water temp sensor. When you scroll through the default menu, you can scroll through and see what they are reading. You can compare the values. I have a thermometer in the water that i have tied to the bottom rung of may ladder. It reads withing in 1 - 2 degrees of the water temp from the P4 (note you can only get pool temp readings on the P4 when water is flowing so turn on pump). My Air temp sensor is mounted below the box in the shade. I campare that to an outdoor thermostat.

I have never seen 2 water temp sensors on these goldline P series units......

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.