My sheer waterfall keeps breaking/leaking...

flyboy320

Jul 23, 2009
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Had a laminar waterfall installed with the pool two years ago. Last summer I decided to try my cyclone blower to see if it could blow the water out of the lines OK prior to winter as I close the pool myself now. All went well and the blower cleared the lines OK, but I noticed a short while later that water was seeping through the brick work where the waterfall in mounted. The PB came back and removed the sheer waterfall, and it was burst/cracked near where the water line attaches to it. He replaced it and I didn't think much of it, and last fall blew the lines out myself, and I just tried to waterfall today, and the water is leeching through the bricks where it did before. The line was properly blown out as it took about 15 seconds for the water to come out of the waterfall when I first turned it on, so no water in the lines over the winter.

So it seems that either I have another dud waterfall, or perhaps the blower is putting to much stress on the waterfall and rupturing it when I'm blowing the water out. Anyone have any experience with something like this and why it might be breaking?

I understand that its above the water line, but if there's a spot there for water to collect, it doesn't matter. Could water be getting in the opening of the sheer descent during the winter, or do you plug it somehow? You could be blowing it out well but if water can get in the top...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.