Hayward H Series Heater leaking

aquaman

May 28, 2008
Pleasanton, CA
Hi,

Have put off restarting my solar because I have noticed two things happening when the pool pump is running (heater not on):

There is water dripping from underneath the Hayward heater. H series, 7yrs old, said to be 400K btu on my invoice, has 120V conduit going to it.

There is a trickle of water coming out the lowest solar pipe on the roof (I remove the end cap at end of each season).

I describe these two things in case there is a quick recognition of something I may not have done right at shut down last season.

Otherwise: What is the most likely thing to leak on this and should I try to troubleshoot it before calling pool repairman?
I can see a lot of panels I can start taking off, but where it leads me is always the question!

Thanks -Bob

If you look at the front header, the leak comes from behind the tin it is attached to. The water flows from the seam that joins this tin backing from the piece of tine below it. No water from the header exteriorly or any plugs on the header. The word TOP on the header is on the bottom of my header :(

aquaman said:
The word TOP on the header is on the bottom of my header :(

Is the header on the left or right side of the heater. If its upside down, i'm guessing left? If it is, thats normal. It was just reversed for easier access. Let me know left or right.

As for the water, it sounds like a leak unfortunately. Can you post up a pict?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.