New Tf-100 first test results

ROB N

Nov 26, 2010
Calera, Al
Ok, So my pb has still not turned over the pool to me, but I could not stand it anymore. I have had my new toy the tf-100xl w/speed stir for about two weeks and it is killing me to not use it. Last evening I decided I was taking the situation into my own hands, and took a h2o sample and commenced the inaugural test. The results are as follows:
Fc:0
Ph:7.8
TA:160
CH:330
CYA:50
The water is crystal clear at six feet you can makeout the phillips head screws on the floor returns and drains and which way the pattern is on them. It is a new pool and in sun all day. According to the pool calculator I need to add 133 oz of bleach to come up to 4ppm on Cl and 44oz of MA to bring ph Down to 7.3. Is this correct? Am I missing anything else?

mynewpool said:
I dont see a test result for CC?

Even if there were a result for CC, this is a new pool and you should not shock a new pool, so it really doesn't mean much in this particular situation.

Rob, please be sure to speak with your PB so that you don't do anything that might void his warranty. I support you taking the inititive just make sure you are covered in that regard. :)

Ok so I added 133 oz bleach yesterday, got to retest today. Results are as follows:
Ph:7.8
Fc:3
Cc:.5
Tc:3.5
Ta:160
Ch:500
Cya:50
So per the pool calculator next I added 33 oz bleach and 44 oz MA, slowly in front of the return with the pump running. I waited about 1 HR and tested the ph and Cl again, which were:
Ph: 7.2
Fc:4.5
Cc:0
Tc:4.5
Anything I need to address, or does everything else look ok? for a new plaster 3 wks after the fill...
FPM, the pb was to hand it over to me last sat, but did not make it. :x but heleft me an instruction manual. So, I do not think there wil be an issue. At least I hope not, but thanks to this site I have been able to pretty much figure most of it out so far! :goodjob: :party: so thank everyone!!

Your TA and CH levels are both a little high. There is no immediate problem, but you want to try and keep PH at 7.6 or lower until you have time to bring TA down a little.

With CYA at 50, I would raise FC a little higher than that to make sure it doesn't go below 4 by the end of the day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.