What kind of flow rate should I set for my Intelliflo?

Galun

Apr 14, 2011
Just installed the Intelliflo VS-AU. I am really glad I waited because I have no use for SVRS but I certainly want the controller!

My question is what kind of schedule should I set for the pump. I plan on running two speeds - a high speed to power the suction cleaner, and a low speed for circulation. I was going to target 1.5x turn per day.

When I use the watts table spreadsheet, I see that my flow rate is 20 from 400 - 1200 rpm. Is this normal? If yes, what's the advantage of setting 1200 rpm vs. 400 rpm when I get the same flow rate but I use half the energy at 400 rpm?

My next question is the DE filter. When the speed / flow rate is low, the pressure at the filter is low. Am I still filtering the water even at 20 gpm and very low pressure (psi gauge reads like 3-5 psi)?

Thanks!

As long as the pump starts up at a high speed and then slows down, which I believe that pump always does, the DE filter will be just fine even at very low flow rates. In fact it filters better at low flow rates than it does at high flow rates.

1 turn a day should be plenty.

The flow meter on the pump is not accurate at very low flow rates. The flow rate can not possibility be constant from 400 RPM to 1200 RPM. 20 GPM is simply as low as the flow meter goes, so it reports that for flow rates below 20 GPM. In general, that pump is more efficient around 900 or 1000 RPM.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.