Waxing your filter

SeaBear

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 23, 2010
I just had an IntelliFlo VS+SVRS pump installed by my local pool service guy - who does a way neater job than I could ever hope to do.

Whilst I was chatting with him, he passed on a tip for the maintenance of my relatively new Pentair Cartridge filter. Apparently, if you wax the outside of the filter using car wax, the plastic finish will last better in the hot North Texas sun?

Just curious if anyone else has tried this?

Strong UV rays are very damaging to many things they hit, so a polish with UV inhibitors can help protect the surface of the filter. Many filters are made with polymers, which are susceptible to UV degradation.

While I'm not particularly careful with most things, I have always put a coat of car wax on my filter each Spring........and it's indooors! :oops: :oops:

It takes all of three minutes and my filter looks virtually like the day it was uncrated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.