SWG giving strange readings

steve_h

Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2007
Chesapeake, VA
I am having issue with my Aqua-Rite SWG displaying strange readings.
The other day the SWG was reading 2700 PPM on the salt display window. The SWG has not been on up til this point. Seeing as that is low, I added 2-40 lb bags of salt. Waited 24 hrs and turned the SWG on to chlorinate.
The salt display showed 1600 PPM.
The instantaneous salt showed -3100 PPM (the negative is normal, i think).
I went back to the salt display and it read 0.
I turned the SWG off thinking that I did not wait enough time after adding salt to turn the SWG back on.
Today I come home and the salt display reads 3100. Cool.
I went through the diagnostics and the instantaneous salt was -3200. Also cool.
I cycled back to salt display and it read 0. Rats! I left the SWG on and went inside.
When I returned to look at the display I was back to 1600 and the low salt and inspect lights were lit.

I replaced the board 2 years ago. I am thinking the board has gone bad again! For the short instants I have been checking the SWG, when generating the voltage was 25V and the current was 4.5A.
Meanwhile, I am off to the LPS to get the chemistry checked and to the warehouse store to buy bleach.

Any ideas?

Just got back from the LPS.
The salt test they performed (test strip) indicated the salt level was approx 3000 ppm.
This is in agreement with the instantaneous salt reading.

So, I guess the next step is to another LPS to get the Turbo sell checked.

The other LPS said the Turbo cell was reading high but within spec.
The board tested OK.

What they did say that the stored salinity of the cell was stuck at 1600. OK. How does that work?
They said they reset the turbo cell and it should work fine.

I reinstalled every thing and it appears to be working.
And it only cost $30.

Whew! The last turbo cell was >$500 and the board was $200.

Maybe this will help someone else.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.