Pool vac question

RobbieH

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 30, 2010
Dallas, TX
Searched around and couldn't find anything...

I do not have pressure side ports on my pool (returns can't be used - pool is 50+ years old and has no fittings) but I do have a suction side port since skimmer has been replaced sometime in the last 20 or so years. Given the size of my pool, I got a robot based on recommendations that a suction side cleaner was not going to be able to keep up. I have pretty good luck with my robot, when it's working. It's down for the second time in 6 months, and the pool has a lot of sediment I'd like to get cleaned up (see my post about my sand filter failure for more info on that). Anyway, we've been trying to brush the sediment down to the main drain, but for the most part it just makes a big dust cloud in the pool and settles back down overnight. So instead of just brushing, I'd like to get a suction side vacuum and get this stuff cleaned up. Any suggestions on a style or brand of pool vac that'll work well for me? I have a 2hp pump, forget the brand, but it is plenty strong.

Also, I am guessing that the vac is not to be used for cleaning up leaves, I need to keep using my leaf eater for those duties, right?

To me that's more of a total pool cleaner. I'm just looking for something inexpensive to go on the end of a pole to clean up my sand mess. I'll probably use it during high pollen times too, the robot doesn't do such a good job on super fine stuff.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.