Early open in NH

Apr 21, 2008
In general, I am of the belief that pool owners should not complain about cleaning and such, but, really, does there have to be 30mph wind gusts the day after I open? It appears that every leaf and piece of debris from my neighborhood is going into my pool today!

At least the water is clearing up nicely so I can see it all!

Had to fish deck chairs out of the pool twice today as well as countless numbers of leaves. But no complaining here, 24 hours and 10.5 gallons of bleach in and my water is almost to that crystal clear and "sparkly" stage.....I fully expect to be there by tomorrow and the weekend forecast is for all sun. Heat pump is on but will take a few days to warm from the 50 I started at yesterday. But since the kids jumped in yesterday they will settle for water in the 60's tomorrow and hopefully higher by the weekend...

I like woodyp have been cleaning from the day I opened. I'm getting the wife to do equal time so I can convince her to get rid of some trees. It's starting to work and she bought me a new chainsaw last Xmas :)

And to add to the frustrations, we had cool weather so I had to re-build my pond and place the fish in a 200 gallon trough in the middle of major work with the pool exterior work. Got to 90's in the past 2 days with lots of rain and the fish are really struggling and I can't do anything due to Mother Nature. I've only lost minnows so far, but got 6-8 koi that are breathing heavy - SIGH... To boot, the winds snapped the umbrella in half that I was using to keep the water cooler.

So as woodyp said, quit whining - someone else ALWAYS has bigger woes...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.