Pentair EasyClean experience

How big is your pool?
These are fairly small filters.
This is basically the same as a Quad DE filter, only you have just one filter element instead of four.
I have a Quad DE filter on my pool, and like it. It holds a ton of dirt, and I can backwash if I like, or just tear it down.
Filter elements are very sturdy. I have had mine for almost 5 years, and they look as good as new.

The pool is ~ 15k gal; I am replacing a Hayward DE2400/1 HP jacuzzi. I was looking at the QUAD 60, but was directed at the EasyClean by the tech at the supply store. His assertion was that the QUAD 60 is to much filter for this pool. I do like the almost 50% lower cost (filter vs. filter/BW valve), but I do like the potential reduced cleaning frequency

The larger filter is very nice, worth the extra money for most people, still the smaller one will work fine. The EasyClean line is new. I don't expect any problems because it is so similar to other existing models, but sometimes products have issues in their first model year.

Thank you folks for the input. I like the lower cost, but ease of maintenance and reduced cleaning frequency is more appealing. It was the first time I've ever had a vendor try to down-sell me :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.