Looking at first ABG pool. Opinions please!

Apr 27, 2011
Ok, so we just purchased our home last summer, and are looking to add an above ground pool for this summer. Our backyard is relatively small and we already have a wooden playset/swing set in the backyard. So, I have been looking around and I am considering this one from walmart.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/My-Sunshine-1 ... ifications

Now, from reading through the forum I see that the Intex Ultra is a very popular choice. However it is also about $150 dollars more. Given my limited budget would I be better off going with the 15 x 48 and using the savings to upgrade my pump, or is there some advantage to the 16 x 48 ultra that I am not considering? My local Sams Club also offers an 18' which looks more comparable to the Intex Ultra for $399 (same price as the 16 x 48 ultra).

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/produ ... rod1830025

Any advice that you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I believe in spending a little extra to do things right the first time, but I also don't want to spend money that I don't need to. I am considering leaving the pool up year round, as we are in Houston and the weather is condusive to swimming for a good portion of the year here.

Thanks
Todd

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

I would say that pretty much all of the seasonal pools like the intex and other brands are about the same. The only difference is the pump and filters that come with these pools are the main problems with them. The ultra frame by intex I think are popular because they come with much better pumps/filters than the other models. People that come to TFP are all the same, We all want the best looking water our pools can give us!!! With that being said daily water testing, water circulation, and water filtration are the keys to achieving that goal. I would get the pool that is within your budget and then upgrade the pump and filter when you can.

:cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.